Principle Process Development Manager
Our client is a specialist in Development and Scale-Up of Pharmaceutical Chemistry who are growing and in need of adding further Chemistry talent to the business. They are based in South Wales in the vicinity of Cardiff and are hiring for a key role to work in Technical Project Management as detailed below.
What you’ll do:
This role will be a leadership function responsible for synthesis, and scale up of chemistry destined for Pharmaceutical applications.
- Designing, leading, and delivering technical chemical development programmes to cost, quality and time demands.
- Writing and presenting proposals for potential clients, liaising with clients at technical meetings, compiling reports to convey results and offer conclusions.
- Management of multiple project teams and liaising across functional boundaries to achieve project needs and sharing of opportunities and challenges.
- You will be the key point of contact for customer liaison and so will be involved in all aspects of client relationship management and project leadership.
- Up to PhD in chemistry with at least five, and preferably ten, years’ experience of chemistry and management. We are open on qualification level and BSc/MSc/MChem qualified candidates with similar backgrounds in the industry are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent task management and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors.
- Perform project risk management activities to minimize risks to delivery.
- Understanding of chemical synthesis and process chemistry, and experience within the pharmaceutical sector.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively to solve demanding problems.
- A partnership mentality that encourages the use of state of the art science and technology solutions that deliver value for customers.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with a clear focus on delivery of demanding project objectives.
- Capable of mentoring and developing team members, maintaining strong level of integrity.
- Good communicator, using written and verbal media; able to advocate and justify own opinion, but equally able to take on board differing opinions and work collaboratively.
- Confident to make decisions with integrity to support the business.
- Energetic and enthusiastic. Keen for challenging new experiences and learning.
- Works well with others as a team-player, drawing on their expertise to ensure collective goals are achieved.
- Leadership or management experience is desirable, although formal line management capability is not required.
- Personable and customer focused, whilst maintaining a professional approach.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.