We are recruiting for a Principal Scientist to join a client in Manchester on a permanent basis.
Our client is a contract analytical laboratory specialising in problem solving and analytical development, with expertise particularly in Mass Spectrometry. They have an extensive range of chromatographic and mass spectrometric instrumentation and require a Principal Scientist to join the team. Our client has a global reputation for ‘E&L, (Extractable and Leachable)’ and ‘ENDS, (Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems)’ analysis collaborating on studies with SME’s and large multinational organisations.
What you’ll do:
As the Principal Scientist you’ll be the technical lead within the team, this will include (but is not limited to) trouble shooting, method development and optimisation. The role will take on both hands-on laboratory work and office-based reporting tasks (expected to be approximately 50:50 split of lab/office).
- Leading method development and optimisation activities with chromatography instrumentation including GC, GC-MS / GC-MS/MS (single and triple quadrupole), LC-MS/MS (triple quadrupole).
- Working closely with the other team members throughout the business (study coordinators, analysts and technicians).
- Mentoring/coaching junior team members in technical aspects.
- Reviewing data to ensure it is factually and scientifically accurate.
- Reporting the data findings/conclusions internally to colleagues at all levels.
- Attend internal project meetings as the technical expert.
- Using exceptional problem solving skills, you will ensure our clients first class analytical service standard is maintained.
Desirable attributes for the Principal Scientist:
- You will possess considerable practical experience of liquid chromatography and/or gas chromatography coupled with mass spectrometric detection (particularly LC-MS QQQ).
- Confident and competent in quantitative analysis.
- Industry experience within a busy laboratory environment, working efficiently to tight deadlines.
- Able to prioritise workload and be adaptable to shifting priorities within a busy customer/project driven laboratory.
- Experience of structural elucidation using accurate mass/high resolution mass spectrometry is hugely advantageous.
- A good understanding of working to quality standards such as GLP, GMP, ISO 17025, UKAS accreditation.
The package for Principal Scientist is as follows:
Salary: c£35,000 - £40,000 depending on experience, with generous annual bonus opportunities, a good% contribution pension and 24(+8 bank) holidays a year.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.