We are recruiting for a Pharmaceutical Development Scientist to join a client in South Wales on a permanent basis.
Salary to c£35,000 (depending on experience)
Our client is a pharmaceutical manufacturer with facilities for highly potent compounds, specialising in niche pharmaceutical therapies. The company offers a range of out-sourced pharmaceutical services and can support clients from early stages in development to clinical trials through to commercial supply. Due to continued expansion they are looking to recruit an additional Development Team Leader for their analytical development services department.
What you’ll do:
The main purpose of the Pharmaceutical Development Scientist role is to work independently on assigned pharmaceutical development projects under the supervision of Senior Development Scientists. Part of the role will involve client and auditor meetings and liaising/advising Project Managers and Pharmaceutical technicians to facilitate activities.
Key responsibilities for the Pharmaceutical Development Scientist:
- To lead Pharmaceutical drug product development, Technology Transfer and optimisation/scale-up of new projects coming from clients, sites/departments within the group.
- To have regular liaison with Planning and Project Management to ensure project plans are accurate, and that their projects adhere to the currently agreed timelines.
- Able to act as SME for assigned process/projects to support all internal and external needs, including client visits and regulatory audits.
- To conduct or supervise experimental work (in Operations or Laboratory) in accordance with client requirements and site standards.
- To lead failure investigations (which may be complex) to determine root cause and support CAPA implementation (e.g. GMP Deviations or failures).
- Responsible for the preparation and review of technical and GMP documentation including manufacturing batch records, Protocols, Reports, SOP and procedures, Risk Assessments and safety assessments as directed.
- Liaise with all functions to ensure that production schedules are adhered to 100% of the time where this is possible.
- To communicate effectively with internal and external customers and participate with them in problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
- To ensure that production schedules are adhered to 100% of the time and where this is not possible that root causes are captured and improvements proposed and actioned (within the scope of own projects/tasks).
As an experienced Pharmaceutical Development Scientist the essential requirements are:
- Degree in scientific subject (Chemistry or Microbiology)
- Some relevant/equivalent experience (2+ years) in a similar role – pharmaceutical/Chemical/regulated manufacturing environment.
- Drug product development and/or Technology Transfer/scale up experience.
A higher degree in pharmaceutical/chemistry disciplines and/or experience with OSD (oral solid dosage) and potent molecules would be highly advantageous.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.