We are hiring for a Business Development Associate at a fast growing contract pharmaceutical development company in the North West.
The role is an integral part of the Business Development Team supporting our customers and potential customer projects. It is an ideal opportunity for an individual who wishes to learn more about the breadth of the pharmaceutical development processes that occur at our client and in the wider industry. The role is very much focused at the beginning of a new project and at the point where our client is exposed to the requirements of the customer and the science and novel research that the customer is involved with.
The BDA is part of the team that prepares, develops and delivers scientific proposals, customer technical agreements and other commercially/scientifically sensitive and confidential documentation to our customers. The BD team work closely with the technical team and project managers to translate the customer requirements in to a document that captures the scope of the project.
The BDA will be expected to liaise across departments at our client to ensure that technical details are accurate and capture the requirements of the customer and the science to be delivered.
The role is primarily office based but does require someone who is happy to occasionally travel with other employees and attend exhibitions both in and out of the UK. They also need to be very proactive to liaise with other departments across the business and also with our customers to ensure that deliverables are met.
The role will allow an individual to better understand the commercial aspects of our business and the knowledge gained opens up a wide opportunity of roles as our client continues to grow.
Candidates should possess a scientific background and ideally have an understanding of pharmaceutical development. A degree or equivalent experience in analytical chemistry, pharmaceutical science. A knowledge of QA and the requirements of GMP would also prove beneficial. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are definitely required.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate good organisational skills, have an eye for both technical detail, numbers and be fluent in the use of Word and Excel. Other systems can be taught.
Importance will also be placed on the attitude, enthusiasm and interaction that the candidate demonstrates during the interview. The candidate needs to be confident to build their network quickly and be able to negotiate time with people from top to bottom within the organisation to get the information that they need in a timely manner.
What you'll do
- Assist in internal and external project meetings to take notes and understand key customer requirements.
- Work closely with the operations/project management teams to facilitate transfer in of new projects.
- Support the BD team in maintaining client relationships and expectations, new and existing
- Co-ordinate internal communication to help understand customer requirements to develop documentation.
- Assist in client enquiries and requests for information.
- Liaise with internal experts to pull sound commercial and scientific documents together.
- Assist in the generation of BD documentation for new and ongoing business.
- Liaise with external subcontractors to explain our requirements and arranging for third party quotes.