Operations Director – Pharmaceuticals
We are working with a multinational pharmaceutical company with presence in Brussels and around the world. They are a German Headquartered company and employ around 80 people in their Brussels location. This site specialises in liquid and solid phase peptide synthesis, rapid peptide synthesis and hybrid peptide synthesis. They are seeking a Operations Director to join them on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the CEO, the Operations Director is responsible for:
- Providing key leadership, direction, organization, management, monitoring, cGMP and EHS compliance of the roles, all activities and to assign production personnel to ensure a cost effective and timely in compliance Manufacturing.
- Manufacturing (synthesis, purification, cleaning of equipment, packaging of finished products)
- Maintenance (equipment and installations)
- Take charge of all production services, in line with the company's overall strategy.
- Manage the operations of the production and technical organization.
- Direct and coordinate the various activities according to the objectives set and the company policy.
- Provide, implement and improve the management structure for the optimization of processes, scale-up of products to generate a higher return on investment
- Manage capacity planning and production in accordance with customer requirements in collaboration with the sales department.
- Ensure that manufacturing capabilities meet or exceed industry and customer requirements for cost, quality and responsiveness
- Ensure that the facilities and equipment are maintained at the appropriate level to properly manage technical operations as well as other activities on site
- Ensure compliance with cGMP as part of the company's quality system
- Represent the company in communication with authorities and customers
- Ensure that the (corporate) company's HSE policy is locally applied
- Implement and review related KPi’s to ensure a continuous improvement of Safety, Quality, DIFOT and Compliance related matters.
- Develop and manage budgets as well as budget execution with a focus on costs and margin
- Develop capital process improvements to keep the the Manufacturing capabilities up to date
- Provide continuous service to all departments through close collaboration with other Department Heads.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time with the required quality.
- Analyze the results and profitability of the products in relation to the objectives set.
- Production plan should also be aligned with planning (SCM department)
Minimum experience required:
- +10 years of management experience in a SME chemical process operations, including a few years in a cGMP environment
- Good understanding of operational constrains in the production of API in cGMP environment
- Track record of successfully delivering continuous improvement.
- Strong management and leadership qualities
- Strong experience with Operational Excellence and Lean Manufacturing
- OpEx attitudes to implement and improve manufacturing and cleaning processes
Master degree in chemistry or chemistry-related discipline (or equivalent by experience)
Language requirements: Bilingual French and English (written and spoken)
Specific competences required:
- Coaches, Develops and Deliver results
- Engagement, Collaboration and Teamwork
- Leadership with Respect and Integrity
- Management of Change
- Hands-on mentality
- Customer minded
- Excellent communication skills
- Good written reporting skills
- Good knowledge of GMP guidelines of API
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Experience in working in fast changing environment
- Strong ability to manage various stakeholder
- Able to prioritize
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.