Alnwick, North East
Competitive salary in mid £20,000’s and shift allowance
We are currently recruiting for an Operations Chemist to work within the expanding API team. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of pharmaceutical projects covering a range of synthetic organic chemistry. Our client is based in an excellent part of the country for relocation, and on a fantastic facility with great resources and equipment, they are conveniently accessible from many surrounding towns and villages in the Alnwick area.
What you’ll do
This role will perform and manage chemical syntheses in accordance with regulatory and company procedures. This will support things like scale up, manufacturing, product development and occasionally providing shift cover. The role will be using in process analytics, making API’s in the tens-of-grams to kilo scales.
Key tasks will be
- Perform and manage chemical syntheses in accordance with regulatory and company procedures.
- Operation of fixed manufacturing assets, currently up to 20 L.
- Participation in HAZOP and other risk assessments.
- Preparation of and contribution to batch documentation and campaign reports.
- Perform in-process analytical testing where relevant.
- Ensure that work and associated documentation complies with GMP or other regulatory requirements, internal policies/procedures and client requirements.
- Inventory management of raw materials and products.
- Contribute to managing equipment maintenance and calibrations.
- Shift cover to support operations as required.
The successful candidate will have experience of kilo lab or laboratory scale up operations. They will either be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in either chemistry or a closely related discipline or have passed an apprenticeship as a chemical operator, we will need the candidate to bring industrial experience to this role.
Experience of GMP operations would be an advantage as will be demonstrable good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, and must be self-motivated.
We’re seeking good knowledge and experience of synthetic chemistry covering process optimisation to ensure successful and cost-effective scale-up. Good understanding of process safety and hazard operability. Proficiency in carrying out kilo-scale chemical processing. Awareness of the current regulatory environment, a comprehensive understanding of process analytical chemistry, impurity control and/or sufficient analytical skills to conduct in-process testing and a good understanding of the factors controlling API physical form. Good written and oral communication skills.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.