Salary £22,500 to £28,000
We are seeking a Metrology Analyst who will work to ensure that Analytical instrumentation in our clients analytical Services department is maintained, validated and calibrated in an efficient and effective manner, compliant with regulatory and company requirements.
This role will additionally work on the preparation of technical documentation such as validation protocols, engineering fork forms, SOP’s, deviations and change controls.
What you’ll do:
- Perform instrument maintenance, calibration and execute instrumentation qualification protocols across HPLC, GC, IR, UV and MS.
- Prepare and review technical documentation within the department related to instrument breakdowns, validate new instruments.
- Change controls deviations, and SOP updates will all be documented by the role holder.
- Coordinate with colleagues on the purchase of new equipment for the laboratory. Again this will include validation activities.
- Coordinate the planned maintenance and calibration schedules for Analytical Services Department instruments. This will occasionally involve working with external contractors.
We are seeking applicants with experience of analytical equipment – HPLC, GC, IR, UV and MS (other instrumentation experience will be advantageous). Level of role offered (Levels 1-3 on offer, can discuss on application) will be dependent on skills and experience. You will be experienced in maintenance of analytical equipment, with a strong knowledge of Health and Safety.
We expect candidates will be therefore educated to degree level or equivalent (or qualified via experience in a similar field) in Chemistry, or another science subject.
Experience of working to GMP, calibration, validation, troubleshooting and other fields such as temperature mapping and naturally a good level of computer literacy.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.