This is an entry-level role, no experience is required just an enthusiasm for laboratory work, and a desire to establish yourself in a highly regarded business in the life sciences field!
Our client is an entrepreneurial company providing fine chemicals to its customers around the world. These businesses are in the life sciences sector and our client provides Research and Development quantities of niche fine-chemicals, carbohydrates and nucleosides. They are seeking a Laboratory Technician at their site near Reading, UK.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for a range of areas in the laboratory that support the wider activities of producing chemicals for customers. The below will be the most regular areas you will be working in:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for performing a packing of various chemical products.
- Carry out freeze-drying of various products.
- Keeping the product’s registers up to date and take the products back to the store when analysis has finished.
- Ordering the consumables and maintained their stock.
- Carry out the lab cleaning and ensure that lab work area is clean and tidy and record this on the weekly cleaning schedule.
- Follow the good working practice in the lab.
Following the company’s SOPs with attention to detail and maintenance of records and other appropriate documentation to GLP standards are essential requirements. Like any laboratory environment, following health and safety guidelines at all times will be essential.
You will be qualified to A-Level as a minimum, it would be advantageous to have a degree in a scientific field though not essential. You will be experienced/educated in the use of techniques such as titration, TLC, Karl Fisher, polarimetry and any other areas of laboratory work.
Familiarity with working in lab environment is an advantage. A good understanding of laboratory housekeeping and safety practices is expected for this role.
We are seeking someone who is self motivated and keen to learn new things, with good organisational skills. This role will be working Monday-Friday 08:30-17:00 (some flexibility is possible).
Due to our clients location, your own transport is important for getting to and from work as they are not close to public transport.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.