We are recruiting for a GC-MS Analyst to join a client in Manchester on a permanent basis.
We are seeking essential experience of 1+ years of GC-MS, alongside sample preparation/handling - Operating knowledge of GC - ideally on Agilent kit with knowledge of ChemStation software and operating knowledge of GC-MS - again Agilent with ChemStation software.
Working knowledge of other/alternative sample introduction techniques (Thermal Desorption, Headspace, etc) is also desirable.
Core duties around this role are:
- Be conversant with the Company Health and Safety Policy and work in accordance with Company Operating Procedures.
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- Report any difficulties/problems in following documented procedures to the Scientific or Technical Director prior to making any change/modification. Any change/modification must be authorised by a Director.
- Be conversant with the content of the Company Quality Manual and carry out work in accordance with such at all times.
- Maintain an accurate record of all analytical data generated in personal lab book, equipment lab book or study record as appropriate together with any associated quality assurance data.
- Prepare client samples for analysis including the relevant and appropriate use of standards.
- Use instrumentation (after having been approved/trained) to acquire and process data for client samples.
- Report data in client reports.
- Maintain instrumentation at agreed performance standards and/or report faults/failures to a Company Director.
- Validate methods as agreed/directed by supervisor/Director.
- Liaise with clients as directed regarding ongoing laboratory work, technical queries etc.
- When required all work related conducted in support of GLP studies must be performed in compliance with UK GLP regulations.
You will report to the Section Head - Pharmaceutical Analysis.
The package is as follows:
Salary: £22,000 - £27,000 depending on experience, with generous quarterly AND annual bonus opporunities, a good% contribution pension and 24(+8 bank) holidays a year.
Louise Hall is the contact for the role and available on 0161 302 2119 do email email@example.com with any questions or your application.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.