We are recruiting for an analytical chemist to join a client in Manchester on a permanent basis.
We are broadly seeking the essential Experience of GC/GC-MS, alongside sample preparation/handling - not SPE but more traditional wet chemistry type techniques, Operating knowledge of GC - ideally on Agilent kit with knowledge of ChemStation software and operating knowledge of GC-MS - again Agilent with ChemStation software.
Working knowledge of other/alterntive sample introduction techniques (Thermal Desorption, Headspace, etc) is also desirable.
Core duties around this role are:
- Be conversant with the Company Health and Safety Policy and work in accordance with Company Operating Procedures.
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- Report any difficulties/problems in following documented procedures to the Scientific or Technical Director prior to making any change/modification. Any change/modification must be authorised by a Director.
- Be conversant with the content of the Company Quality Manual and carry out work in accordance with such at all times.
- Maintain an accurate record of all analytical data generated in personal lab book, equipment lab book or study record as appropriate together with any associated quality assurance data.
- Prepare client samples for analysis including the relevant and appropriate use of standards.
- Use instrumentation (after having been approved/trained) to acquire and process data for client samples.
- Report data in client reports.
- Maintain instrumentation at agreed performance standards and/or report faults/failures to a Company Director.
- Validate methods as agreed/directed by supervisor/Director.
- Liase with clients as directed regarding ongoing laboratory work, technical queries etc.
- When required all work related conducted in support of GLP studies must be performed in compliance with UK GLP regulations
You will report to the Laboratory Scientific Director.
The package is as follows:
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience, with generous quarterly AND annual bonus opporunities, a good% contribution pension and 24(+8 bank) holidays a year.
Louise Hall is the contact for the role and available on 0161 302 2119 do email email@example.com with any questions or your application.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agancy.