We are hiring for a formulation chemist to work for a client in the Pharmaceutical industry this role is permanent and paying a salary of up to £28,000.
What you’ll do
- Our client is widely recognised as a leading expert in all aspects of formulation development and dosage form optimisation.
- This is across a wide range of product types and you will be primarily working on non-sterile formulation development.
- Projects will be related to modified or targeted release of drugs in the body and your work will be for example to work on oral, liquid, suspensions or possibly live bacteria based delivery mediums. This will involve working to achieve goals in solubility or bioavailability for example.
Key duties are as follows
- To characterise active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), carryout solubility and excipient compatibility studies, and develop and characterise formulations in order to produce therapeutics (including tablets, capsules, creams, liquids etc.)
- Ensuring delivery in accordance with project timescales and deadlines
- To produce feasibility batches in accordance with good manufacturing practice (GMP)
- To liaise with analytical scientists over testing of formulations produced
- To liaise with technical over writing of protocols and reports
- To report any deviations and assist in Formulation investigations and Formulation problem solving, including timely completion of CAPA
- To generate/Complete/Review laboratory documentation
- To ensure all relevant documents are the latest version, checked, and approved prior to undertaking work
- To maintain stock Control including the purchasing of materials and consumables
- To perform housekeeping, cleaning of glassware and waste disposal
- To assist in day to day running of laboratory in order to implement priorities and workloads as indicated by the team leader
- To maintain, clean, calibrate, and qualify laboratory equipment
- To observe and comply with the Quality Management System (QMS) and the employee handbook
- To work with management to identify, develop and implement new working practices to support RFT and LEAN initiatives
- To observe and comply with company Health and Safety Policies.
- To conduct all work in, and maintain, the laboratory in a clean, safe and compliant condition
- To undertake Risk and COSHH assessments when required
- To maintain effective communication with all key stakeholders
- To support the Team and Team Leader through cooperation
- To upkeep and maintain individual training file.
- To perform other duties as required by the business
We are seeking a candidate with experience of formulation in the pharmaceutical industry, ideally preparing non-sterile pharmaceutical products. We are seeking company experience however applicants are encouraged who may have completed a short 6 month placement in the field through to more established careers. You will be a graduate or equivalent in chemistry or a related field. On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and also, we suggest register on the website and tick the formulation chemistry box, we’ll email you when similar roles arise. Please call 0161 443 4173 with any informal questions you may have.