Pre-Clinical Formulation Scientist
Closing date for applications Friday 7th June
Our client is a fast growing, contract pharmaceutical development company working with customers globally to develop new pharmaceuticals and biotechnology products, covering a wide variety of disease indications in both adults and children.
They are an entrepreneurial company and encourage their employees to help shape and become the future of the company. They are recruiting for a Pre-Clinical Formulation Scientist.
What you’ll do: You will be working within the new pre-clinical department to deliver optimised pre-clinical formulations to clients, using a scientific rapid screening approach.
- To work closely with the Head of Pre-Clinical Services carrying out study critical laboratory tasks, ensuring projects are delivered to both a high quality and scientific standard.
- To support Business Development in the generation of budgets and quotations.
- To produce protocols, in line with standard departmental working practices.
- To produce high quality, but concise reports in line with standard working practices.
- To maintain accurate data and experimental records.
- To produce COSHH and Risk Assessments, in line with SOP’s.
- To comply with the health and safety requirements of the site
- To perform problem solving/trouble-shooting as required.
- To present a weekly update during departmental meeting.
- To participate in client meetings (on site and TCs).
- To participate in Continuous Professional Development activities to further progress scientific knowledge, for example, by attending relevant symposia/conference meetings and to disseminate this information to other members of the Pre-clinical team.
- To produce material for use in marketing, scientific papers and posters for presentations at scientific meetings.
- To perform other duties in a pre-clinical technical capacity as required by the business.
- Act as an ambassador for the company, reflecting company and business values
Your background and skills will include:
- Ability to work independently in a logical, methodical manner
- Excellent attention to detail required to produce high quality, accurate data.
- Excellent communication skills required
- Good interpersonal and teamworking skills required
- Able to contribute innovative ideas to the pre-clinical technology platform.
- Experience in both formulation science and analytical chemistry required.
- Experience of a GxP service-providing laboratory desirable, but not essential
- Ability to manage own time effectively against business priorities.
- Flexibility to work out of hours when required
- Ideally educated to Masters or PhD level.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.