We are working with a global provider of food flavourings and e-liquid flavourings who require a flavour compounder to support them in production. They bring a strong expertise in short lead-times, raw material control, legal compliance and quality standards.
They have a very large database across all areas of flavouring, providing custom made solutions meeting legal and regulatory compliance.
What you’ll do:
You will be making formulations for applications in confectionery, beverages, bakery, dairy and other culinary fields, the e-liquid market, and niche product areas like sports nutrition.
You will be working in a production facility composed of a clean room area making formulations on a large scale. The role breaks down to some key responsibility areas as follows:
- To manufacture end-products accurately and to specification by following relevant standard operating procedures.
- To be aware when raw materials and stock products need re-testing
- To be aware when raw materials and consumables need re-ordering
- To keep production and storage areas always clean and tidy
- To load/unload goods following standard operating procedures
- To ensure production and storage areas are always clean and tidy
- To be able to pack, label and palletised goods appropriately for shipment
Your background: & Skills
Knowledge of Chemistry – we are happy to consider candidates with a basic knowledge though a BSc in Chemistry, Process Chemistry, Process Engineering or Chemical Engineering would be ideal.
The candidate will need to be a hard-working, meticulous, autonomous and flexible. You will also need to be versatile and keen to learn.
This role will involve taking ownership of your project work, manufacturing target formulations which will contain several raw materials, formulated to a high level of accuracy. This will take a high level of attention to detail, dedication to delivering a high quality response in an efficient timescale.
- Ability to follow accurately standard operating procedures
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Familiar with the flavour industry
- Team player
- Experience as a flavour compounder and manufacturing operative / or in a role aligned with this opportunity.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.