We are recruiting for a Director of Analytical Development to join a client in Manchester on a permanent basis.
Our client is a contract analytical laboratory specialising in problem solving and analytical development. They have an extensive range of chromatographic and mass spectrometric instrumentation and require a Director of Analytical Development to join the team.
What you’ll do:
The role of the Director of Analytical Development comes with the growth of the E&L (Extractables and Leachables) and E-Cigarette testing within the business and will provide scientific oversight to all analytical activities as well as implementing and managing all Research and Development Activities in various key technical research streams.
This role will be based at the Manchester facility however you will be expected to attend meetings, exhibitions and visit customers in the UK and globally when required.
Key responsibilities for the Director of Analytical Development:
- Develop and implement a Research Program to ensure best in class analytical measurement.
- Oversee all analytical activities to ensure the quality of the analytical measurement.
- Lead the method development and validation efforts for quantitative analysis.
- Develop experimental studies which can be delivered as presentations, whitepapers and marketing materials to help support the global thought leadership position of the company in key application areas.
- Support investigations in quality improvement where advanced technical input is required and lead the technical aspects of the quality improvement program.
- Provide expert advice and guidance across a range of analytical techniques.
- Communicate with customers to understand testing requirements and provide expert guidance on testing strategies.
For success in the Director of Analytical Development role the essential requirements are:
- Qualified to at least BSc degree in Analytical Chemistry or similar discipline.
- Highly experienced in HPLC and GC analysis with Mass Spectrometric Detection (including High Resolution MS equipment).
- Experience in developing and validating analytical (chromatographic) methods.
- Experience in developing sample preparation methods (SPE / SPME / DLLME etc.).
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills.
- Excellent problem solving, project and people management skills.
Desirable skills that would be advantageous:
- GMP experience would be a significant advantage.
- The use of Statistics / Design of Experiment approaches to method development and validation would also be a significant advantage.
The package for the Director of analytical Development is as follows:
Salary: £60,000 - £80,000 depending on experience, with generous quarterly AND annual bonus opportunities, a good% contribution pension and 24(+8 bank) holidays a year.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.
Louise Hall is the contact for the role and available on 0161 302 2119 / 07787 447 095. Do email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or your application.