We are recruiting for an experienced Development Chemist on a permanent basis to work in the North East of the UK for a successful pharmaceutical company. Our client is based in Cramlington, this is roughly 20 minutes north of Newcastle by car and well connected to public transport.
As a Development Chemist you’ll report to the Lab Project Manager. The role of the Development Chemist is to develop new processes in the laboratory, optimise and transfer to the appropriate manufacturing scales within the capabilities of the site.
What you’ll do:
- Define and/or demonstrate process route(s), draft process outlines and approve PRSs.
- Develop and optimise processes.
- Support scale-up, pilot, semi works and commercial manufacture.
- As a SAP user the job holder will be required to carry out assigned SAP transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Comply with all HSE requirements including safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct HSE audits and internal safety/housekeeping audits.
- Work closely with Hazard Evaluation and HSE to ensure that all processes are safe both at laboratory and at manufacturing scale.
- Prepare interim and final reports and communicate as and when required with customers.
As the Development Chemist you’ll have close working relationships with other departments within the business including Hazard Evaluation, Manufacturing, Quality and Purchasing.
- Minimum: good honours degree in a relevant chemical discipline.
- Preferably PhD in synthetic organic chemistry.
- Several years R&D experience.
- Operate to cGMP.
- Good knowledge of plant based unit operations and the application of techniques such as BRITEST to improve processes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent laboratory skills.
- Good knowledge of IT.
To apply for the Development Chemist role:
Cover notes supporting your application are welcomed. On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your most up to date CV and a cover letter.