Deputy QA Manager (Chemist)
Berkshire (Option to work-from-home see below)
We are working with a mid-scale chemistry business, multinational with an established market in the production of fine chemicals, speciality chemicals and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients. They have a global reach and 100 staff in the UK and a broader team in Europe. They are seeking someone with a strong chemistry background (PhD preferred to manage their Quality Assurance).
What you’ll do:
You will be applying your knowledge of chemistry to ensuring QA compliance at our client and also within supply chain. This role will involve engaging with Chemists around the QA impact of their work taking in complex knowledge about processes and products (ISO 9001, GMP) and translating this into a compliant framework for the business. You will manage two staff who have themselves been in-post for several years.
Ultimately this role can grow into the overall management of QA across their sites in Europe, so this is ideal for someone seeking strong progression in this field.
The key duties of the role are outlined as below:
• Management responsibility for the UK QA team
• Implementation of a new global quality management system as part of a team
• Creation and implementation of new processes for the UK site
• Support global and local process owners
• Supplier and customer audits
• Writing DMFs
• Close international collaboration with QA teams on other sites worldwide
We are seeking a strong academic background in Chemistry and while we envisage this being PhD we are open to a range of experiences coupled with qualification. You will have experience of working in Quality Assurance and also we are keen on specific knowledge of GMP, ISO, Auditing and management experience.
While our client has several sites around Europe they are run as a small business with 100 on this specific site. So they will be requiring you to take on a broad set of responsibilities which we are aware in larger companies may be handled by several separate managers. Therefore either experience of the smaller-business manner of running – or – a strong appreciation of this and a desire to work in such an environment is required.
The key background attributes are outlined as below:
• Chemist with a Ph.D. in organic chemistry
• At least 5 years of experience in quality assurance
• Leadership experience
• Confident and efficient writing of texts
• Experience in internal and external auditing
• Working knowledge of GMP is desirable
• Excellent organisational skills
• Good communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to prioritise work effectively
This role can be done on the basis of partial working from home. We have discussed with them a 2-days in the office / 3-days from home framework. This may bring into scope people from outside of a regular commute distance prepared to occasionally drive further or arrange local accommodation.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.