Day Operator Technician
The Day Operator Technician role is based in Manchester, working in a successful and growing multinational chemical company.
Responsible for the following:
• To carry out process instructions as described in the batch sheet in a safe and professional manner.
• To work closely with the shift chemists and senior operators and learn how the plant works and operates, providing cover and support when required.
• Be able to work and operate in a safe manner understanding safety procedures for the plant.
• To confidently and correctly operate equipment according to current SOP’s.
• Transferring/sampling materials in a safe manner on and around the site as re-quired following current SOP’s.
• Milling and sieving final products according to batch records and current SOP’s.
• Loading and unloading of material from drying ovens.
• Helping towards the companies 5S programme across the whole site.
• To provide support to the waste team in removing waste safely off site.
Qualifications and Experience
• GCSE’s in Maths, English and Science required.
• City and Guilds Process Operations Parts 1 & 2.
• Experience of working in a chemical plant environment.
• Experience of driving a counter balance FLT, up to date licence preferred.
• Evidence of being well organised and able to prioritise workloads in a time critical environment.
• Excellent communication skills and accurate attention to detail.
• Requires a good knowledge of Health and Safety regulations in a working plant environment.
• Must be computer literate.
• High motivated and an exceptional work ethic is essential.
Please email email@example.com with your CV, please do include a cover letter or note even if just a few words as these are helpful at this point in selecting applications to take forward. On this occasion. LiCa Scientific Ltd is acting as an employment agency.