Data Science Chemist
Temporary Role (5 Month Contract)
We are currently working with a global chemical manufacturer who are looking for a Data Science Chemist to work on an exciting new project in their Data Science and Digital Marketing Team.
As part of an ambitious new project they are looking for a chemist to assist in building a knowledge-based database of commonly used chemical reactions.
What You’ll Do:
- Build an extensive data base of chemical reactions and other workflows requiring chemicals
- Performing scientific literature searches to gather key application data
- Define and tune chemical data according to guidance from product management, R&D, marketing and data science teams.
- Engage with internal and external teams involved in web and smart devices app development
Who You’ll Be:
- Have a PhD or Equivalent in a chemistry related Discipline
- Have a keen interest in synthetic chemistry, with a focus on organic chemistry.
- Interested in gathering data and compiling it in a suitable format
- Wide knowledge of a range of reactions
- Enjoys researching around the area of chemical reactions
- Can identify commonly used reactions, understand how they work and the chemicals they require
- Ideally with an interest project management or marketing
- An interest in app development desirable but not essential
- Happy to work independently
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an Employment Business