Chemistry Team Leader
We are working with an international agrochemicals business who are working in development, registration and marketing of chemical and biological agriculture and horticulture products.
They have an impact on the food supply chain on a large scale, though ensuring sufficient safe food for the worlds growing population via chemistry, helping farmers to optimise their production.
As far as job-impact is concerned you will be hard pressed to find greater – the chemistry produced in this business helps whole populations access food, reduces the impact of climate change on food security and controls the most significant issue of pest and disease in crops.
With the global population approaching 9 billion by 2050 - this is critical chemistry.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a motivated and innovative Team Leader. The focus of the role is to lead a team of high-quality chemists through novel and exciting agrochemical projects, and work in collaboration with both the R&D and Product Development teams based in the company HQ Belgium.
The key responsibilities for the role are as follows:
• Responsible for the delivery of target project compounds through supporting and coaching of team. You must be able to effectively utilise available resources to optimise productivity.
• Apply broad technical experience and knowledge and be able to coach to support project work.
• Actively contribute to lead generation and lead project strategy, pushing to generate the key data to progress the projects.
• Communicate complex results and knowledge within project team and work with internal and external collaborators.
• Target design that addresses project critical stress factors by incorporating broad data inputs. Influences the chemistry and research of other project team members and across projects
- Independently devise efficient and versatile routes within the most complex and challenging chemical areas. Conceive, develop and implement new methodologies that significantly impact the project.
- Identify and exploit new technologies to enhance functional capability.
- Identify key external networks and collaborators.
Your background, key skills and qualifications:
• Experienced PhD chemist, or an experienced graduate, previous experience in agrochemical research is desirable but not essential.
• Industrial experience working in agrochemicals or pharma where R&D principles are important.
• Experience leading and developing others through coaching and mentoring.
• Advanced technical knowledge and execution
• Strong networking skills and the ability to communicate well with key business partners and collaborators.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.