Chemical Production Technician
We are looking to recruit a Production Technician to join the Production department at our clients Manchester site. The role includes carrying out process instructions as described in the batch sheet in a safe and professional manner in order to produce results to the required quality and within the time and cost budgets allocated by the Production Manager. The Production Technician is to be able to work effectively with Senior Production Technicians, Production Chemists and other colleagues in order to ensure that individual and company performance targets are met. The position is also to ensure that the equipment is operated correctly in the manner described in SOPs pertinent to the department.
What you'll do:
- To carry out process instructions as described in the batch sheet in a safe and professional manner.
- To work effectively and efficiently with Production Chemists and Senior Production Technicians in a team of four people.
- Be able to work and operate in a safe manner understanding safety procedures for the plant.
- To confidently and correctly operate equipment according to current SOP’s.
- Transferring/sampling materials in a safe manner on and around the site as required following current SOP’s.
- Communicating and working effectively across numerous departments.
- To liaise continuously with other team members to resolve any difficulties encountered in the processing.
- Receipt incoming goods in the absence of warehouse staff.
- To carry out other duties as may be required from time to time by senior managers.
- Helping towards the companies 5S programme across the whole site.
- Working a 3 shift system 24/7 (Sunday night – Friday afternoon).
- To provide support to the waste team in removing waste safely off site.
- City and Guilds Process Operations Parts 1 & 2 or suitable relevant experience
- Ideally a forklift lisence
- Excellent attention to detail, and adaptability. We’re keen to find someone who takes ownership of problems as they arise
- This is a close knit team who rely on each other, we’re keen to find a good teamworker and communicator to add to this
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific Ltd is acting as an employment agency. To apply please email email@example.com with your current CV. Please do include a cover letter with your application even if it’s just a few words outlining interest, these are very useful to us at this stage of the process and we look forward to hearing from you.