Business Development Manager
We are working with a mid scale company in the Reading area, involved in GMP Manufacturing, Custom Synthesis, Large Scale Manufacturing and Contract Development and Manufacturing. They have a further network of sites in Switzerland and Eastern Europe. They are seeking a Business Development Manager.
This role will work on chemistry activities from a commercial standpoint. This will involve working closely with clients and collages in the business to capture new business opportunities, engage in technical discussions and, broadly speaking, commercially manage incoming and ongoing business opportunities.
What you’ll do:
This role will involve liaising closely with clients of an established business. This is a company who are working with a client group already, who needs someone to manage the ongoing business from a commercial standpoint and also identify opportunities for growth.
Naturally new business opportunities will need developing and it’s expected that the individual capitalises on this. However there is a successful, established client group who also will require a lot of the incumbents attention and time, and make up the main priority of this role in ensuring their needs are met.
As a break-down the duties will include:
• Developing new business opportunities and identifying new leads
• Providing quotations and renewals
• Following up on existing quotes in order to maximise sales opportunities
• Identifying new areas & opportunities for the group laboratories to develop
• Setting and attending sales appointments
• Maintaining excellent working relationships with customers
• Managing key accounts
• Preparing and delivering presentations
• Actively working towards achieving targets
• Co-ordinating and liaising with customers, sales team, laboratory team and administration team
• Educated to a minimum of BSc in a scientific discipline, ideally PhD
• Either a track record of working in sales, ideally in a scientific environment, or, this opportunity may also suit someone who is looking to move way from working in a laboratory environment.
• Ability to achieve demanding targets and deadlines
• Proven ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to follow projects through to completion
• Good organisation skills
• Team player
• Good understanding of the products/services being sold
• Creative thinker able to spot new opportunities
Our client offers a competitive and comprehensive employment package with generous holidays, flexible working, annual salary reviews, and more.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.