Business Development Assistant
Daresbury (Manchester location can be considered)
Salary dependant on experience / competitive
We are working with a company that is revolutionising the approach to chemical development by using Fermentation. This method allows for an environmentally friendly production of chemistry which otherwise is manufactured in manners which are environmentally damaging. These products are surfactants, the surfactants they produce are used in a range of applications globally mainly in Home and Personal Care products.
They are seeking a Business Development Assistant.
The company is scaling up to full production and this role will be perfect for someone who wishes to move into Business Development (BD) and develop themselves and their market. This job is going to initially be about networking, market development, communication with key people and increasing visibility. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining new and existing customer relationships and promoting our ethos of the customer comes first.
Our client is offering an excellent opportunity for an early career candidate wanting to make the move from Technical to Commercial role, ideally with a background in surfactants/chemicals/bio-surfactants.
The Business Development Assistant will take responsibility for developing a new sales funnel, and keeping contact with our current partners while managing incoming orders and ensuring orders are sent.
This position will preferably be based in Daresbury (in the pilot plant), a role in Manchester could be considered.
What you’ll do:
• Act as internal focus point for customers.
• Contact customers by phone and email to confirm that they have received their new price list, encourage them to place regular orders, and build up a relationship with these customers.
• Feedback market price information to directors and supply chain.
• Make frequent phone calls to prospective, new, and existing customers to introduce the company and its products and encourage engagement with our client and their product range in biosurfactants.
• Update the orders received/compare to budget on the spreadsheet, and follow up those that have not placed orders.
• Ensure customer samples are sent, and follow up on progress.
• Visit key customers from time to time.
• Inputting orders, amending orders, tracking date movement communication to customers, for the full customer experience.
• Dealing with customer complaints.
• Update the company website, and social media platforms with marketing content.
• Create and source other marketing materials.
• Assist in development of the marketing plan, including marketing campaigns (social media and website updates)
• Other tasks as required by your manager.
We are seeking highly motivated innovators who want to challenge themselves and others and fit well with our company philosophy, and first and foremost, get things done!
• Technical scientist background, ideally in surfactants or formulation development.
• A strong customer service background.
• Work on own initiative but realise the need for the whole team to get the business done.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Have excellent administration, planning, organisational and time keeping skills.
• Positive “Can Do” attitude to challenges and customer expectations.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.