Associate Principal Scientist
We are looking for an Associate Principal Scientist for our client who are an innovation partner to the chemical research, development and manufacturing industries, specialising in process research and development for manufacturing drug substance and other high value materials. They have extensive knowledge and expertise in a wide range of chemistry from discovery support through to full scale manufacturing and life-cycle management.
What you’ll do:
A Principal Scientist will be bringing scientific excellence to the research and development of new processes for our clients, while mentoring and coaching junior members of staff.
Our principal scientists are delivering practical projects in laboratory as well as chemistry programmes to cost, quality and time demands. You will be liaising with clients at technical meetings, and compiling reports to convey results and offer conclusions. Without saying you will be taking personal responsibility for the quality, integrity, communication, and delivery of science on your projects.
- A PhD in chemistry with a significant experience in the industry
- Detailed understanding of organic synthesis, scale-up and process chemistry
- Expertise in the use of practical synthetic chemistry techniques
- Natural leadership ability is desirable, although previous line management experience is not required.
The company offer an attractive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Competitive Salary
- Employee Growth Share Scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Flexible working opportunity
- Annual Bonus
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.