We are recruiting for an Analytical Development Chemist to join a client in South Wales on a permanent basis.
Salary range £25,000 - £38,000 depending on experience
Our client is a research and development CRO with capabilities covering Lead Optimisation, Product Launch/Life cycle management and Process R+D - such as route scouting and rapid scale up. The company has expanded at a fast pace in recent years and offers a varied work experience due to a variety of clients and their differing chemistry needs.
What you’ll do:
The role of the Analytical Development Chemist supports the analysis of small molecule APIs and you will be working on developing methods for the analysis of these. You’ll be working with the synthesis chemists who are working on projects to develop these APIs and you will be responsible for analytical functions and method developments within the projects.
- You’ll ensure methods are fully developed and fit for purpose and all analysis is carried out to a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Methods of analysis will include HPLC, GC, NMR and LC-MS and you’ll be developing methods for all techniques.
- Other analysis including DSC, Karl Fischer and other specification tests typically used for the generation of certificates of analysis.
- You’ll keep knowledge up-dated on current analysis techniques and also utilise resources available to improve knowledge on any new technologies that could be of use.
- You’ll provide solutions when required for analytical aspects of projects to aid analysis.
- You’ll be the subject matter expert on analytical techniques in order to advise colleagues.
- Developing analytical methods for monitoring/analysing chemical processes and for analysis of drug substances.
- Documenting results and preparing reports
As an experienced Analytical Development Chemist the requirements are:
- Minimum experience requirements: Degree in relevant scientific subject (chemistry preferred) with 2 years relevant industry experience in a similar role.
- Experience with HPLC, GC and NMR
- Essential is experience with LC-MS
- Essential is experience with developing analytical methods
Skills: HPLC, GC, LC-MS, analytical chemistry, NMR, FT-IR, UV-Vis, wet chemistry, raman spectroscopy, GLP, Method Development, Method Validation, organic chemistry
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.
Louise Hall is the contact for the role and available on 07787 447 095. Do email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or your application.