We are hiring for an Analytical Chemist for our client based in Bristol to join their QC and Development team. They have been working within small molecule manufacture for over 30 years and are part of a multi-national company with a global footprint. The company is currently moving into a more diverse market and as such this is an exciting time to get on board.
What you’ll do:
Key responsibilities for the Analytical Chemist role:
- Working in a safe and responsible manner, abiding by the COSHH regulations and maintaining a high level of tidiness.
- Using techniques such as: (U)HPLC, MS, LC-MS, ELSD, GC, NMR, FT-IR, UV-Vis and optical rotation.
- Working in a cGMP environment, including method development, method validation, obtaining and reporting data, writing standard operating procedures when required.
- Troubleshooting and instrument maintenance skills for HPLC, MS, LC-MS, and GC. If required on the job training and external courses can be provided where appropriate.
- Developing robust and reproducible analytical methods for small molecules.
- Working to maximize productivity and meet targets and deadlines.
- Maintaining a high standard of laboratory work with regard to both practical output and documentation.
- All other duties as required.
Specific competencies for the Analytical Chemist role:
- Extensive knowledge of all relevant analytical techniques.
- Good team working and communication skills.
- Ability to coach junior members of the team and provide help and guidance when appropriate.
- Ability to manage time to maximize productivity.
- Ability to quickly and accurately conduct required Quality Control tests.
- Ability to conduct initial assessment of Quality Control/ analytical data.
- Safe and responsible working manner in laboratory areas.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of recording information.
- Awareness of commercial importance of products and ability to plan and prioritize work accordingly.
For the Analytical Chemist role:
- Degree Level education: Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry.
- Minimum 3+ years relevant Analytical experience in a cGMP environment.
- Experience with HPLC is sought (use of, troubleshooting, general maintenance).
Salary range is flexible and will be commensurate with skills and experience of successful candidate.
To apply for the Analytical Chemist role:
Cover notes supporting your application are welcomed. On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.
Please email email@example.com with your most up to date CV and a cover letter.
Should you be keen to have an informal conversation ahead of application please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to set this up.