Analytical Chemist – 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
We are seeking an analyst to join the projects group of our client in Gargrave, to work in analytical chemistry. This is a full time role and will be on a 1 years contract basis.
What you’ll do
This role will be testing the materials used in medical devices products. The range of testing is quite wide therefore and will mainly focus on HPLC, UPLC, GC and Wet Chemistry. Our client’s operating to GLP and GMP.
As well as this the following will fall under the remit of the role
- Chemical testing, especially wet chemistry techniques.
- Assist in Non-conformance laboratory investigations.
- Assist in development and validation of test methods.
- Documentation reviews and updates.
- Stock control and ordering.
- Comply with site Health and Safety procedures.
- Assist in calibration and maintenance of lab equipment.
- Be proactive in initiating lab improvements and potential cost saving projects.
- Assist in training new starters etc.
You will be a chemist by training in analytical chemistry or a related area to HND or BSc or equivalent. We anticipate applicants will be educated to degree level and have experience of working to GLP or GMP standards. Other industrial experience such as UKAS will be of interest. You will ideally drive and have transport as our clients remote location does tend to call for this.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific Ltd is acting as an employment agency.