We are working with a fast-growing contract pharmaceutical development company. They employ around 200 people with customers all over the world. They are an entrepreneurial business by nature and encourage their employees to shape and become the future of their company.
What you’ll do:
You’ll work in analysis of samples using HPLC, and working to GLP and GMP. You will also be responsible for aspects of development and validation. This will also involve liaising with Operations staff in order to prioritise availability of raw materials following testing procedures.
You will also have Project-Specific undertakings, relating to analytical development activities
Production of working protocols (dependant on experience) for analytical development exercises in line with standard ways of working within the department.
- Ensuring all protocols are checked and approved prior to undertaking development exercises.
- Writing up all experimental undertakings in line with relevant SOP’s/ways of working in the department with a ‘right first time’ standard of working.
- Reporting results and conclusions where required in standard format in line with SOP’s/standard ways of working.
- Updating project folders with relevant information where required in line with standard ways of working.
- Providing a regular update (or more frequent if required) to Team Leaders and/Technical Managers.
- Work towards a technical competence to be able to assist in client meetings
- Work in a safe manner with H&S of oneself and others in mind.
- Work to a high standard of organisation and cleanliness ensuring workstations are clean and tidy at the end of every working day
- Ensure equipment is maintained and clean and in good working order
General laboratory duties based around the testing of the pharmaceutical raw materials, intermediaries and final products will include:
- Observe and comply with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and adhere to company policies and procedures as per the Quality Management System (QMS) and the employee handbook
- Work with a Right-First-Time mentality
- Observe and comply with company Health and Safety Policies.
- Conduct all work in, and maintain, the laboratory in a clean, safe and compliant condition
- Production of Risk and COSHH assessments
You’ll have a degree in Chemistry coupled with experience of working within a laboratory setting with excellent attention to detail and good documentation skills. You’ll be able to prioritise your own workload with an innovative “can do” attitude that is quality focused.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.