Analytical Chemist – 12mth FTC
We are recruiting for an experienced Analytical Chemist on a Fixed Term Contract to work in the North East of the UK for a successful pharmaceutical company. Our client is based in Cramlington, this is roughly 20 minutes north of Newcastle by car and well connected to public transport.
As an Analytical Chemist you’ll report to the Senior Analyst. The role of the Analytical Chemist is to perform analysis and other related activities in accordance with cGMP regulations.
What you’ll do:
- To perform analysis and report results in accordance with cGMP requirements.
- To investigate analytical deviations and out of specification (OOS) results and to contribute to their root cause resolution.
- To organise calibration and maintenance of analytical equipment.
- As required, to perform routine auditing of laboratory areas.
- As a SAP user the job holder will be required to carry out assigned SAP transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
- To perform technical transfers between internal and external customers.
- To support method validation and cGMP stability programs.
- To characterise reference materials for use in cGMP analysis.
- Develop, evaluate and prepare analytical methods and SOPs as required.
- Ensure cGMP/GLP compliance at all times.
Qualifications/Experience required for the Analytical Chemist:
- Minimum: good honours degree in analytical science
- Preferably experience in HPLC & GC
- Several years’ experience
- Working knowledge of cGMP
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent laboratory skills.
- Good knowledge of IT.
To apply for the Analytical Chemist role:
Cover notes supporting your application are welcomed. On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your most up to date CV and a cover letter.