We are working with a global contract research organisation in Manchester – due to on-going success and expansion they are looking to recruit an Analytical Development Chemist to join the Quality team at their Manchester site.
Salary to £29,000 + benefits package
The role of AD Chemist reports directly to the QCA Manager and includes working on the timely delivery of projects within the QC department in support of PR&D projects. Working with the QCA Manager and PR&D Project Leaders to ensure all work is carried out within the time requirements and cost budgets set for each project by the company.
What you’ll do:
Main Duties and responsibilities for the AD Chemist include (but not limited to):
- To perform and assist colleagues to perform qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis.
- To assist the QCA Manager to ensure all tasks within the Quality Control department are completed in a timely manner and within the Quality parameters set out by the company’s QMS (Quality Management System).
- Plan project work and communicate timelines to enable Project Chemists and Team Leaders correctly and accurately base line plan projects.
- To ensure all Project related tasks are carried out efficiently and on time.
- To present analytical reports verbally and/or written to colleagues – and clients when required.
- To work cleanly, safely and tidy in line with company 5S policy and to influence safe working practices and comply as required.
- To keep up-dated with current practices and relevant scientific progress within Analytical Chemistry field.
- To meet with customers and their representatives as may be required from time to time. This may involve travel to the location of the customer, or be at the Manchester site.
Specific Responsibilities for the QC Chemist include (but not limited to):
- To work with colleagues to ensure all in-process, raw material and finished product analysis is carried out to high level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Read proposals and understand the overall scope of project delivery, and to advise proposals and out of scopes where required
- Provide solutions where required by the use of techniques such as method development to aid analysis within the QC department
- To ensure all SOPs relevant to QC laboratory are read, understood and up-dated when required.
- To utilise all resources available to them to improve their knowledge of current analysis techniques used in the department and any new technology that could be of interest.
- To support procedures for documenting specification and method details.
- To support secure and traceable storage of analytical data.
- To ensure that all analyses required, both for Q.C purposes and in support of R&D work, are transmitted to the relevant person requiring the data and ensure that the data is understood.
- To communicate effectively to all levels of colleagues within the company.
- Ensure the purchasing requirements for any analytical projects or work are met and ensure is undertaken within the Quality system by ensuring a good knowledge of the ordering systems.
- Ensure familiarity with all the departments instrumentation and software systems (such as Top Spin, Chromeleon and OpenLabs chemstation).
- Review MBR’s to ensure the appropriate quality control procedures have been captured.
- You’ll be an organised, flexible individual with good communication and attention to detail.
- You’ll be qualified to at least degree (BSc) level in a chemistry related subject with at last 1 years experience in a similar role.
- Proficient in use of MS Office, Word and Excel: chemical structure drawing and literature searching tools such as Chemdraw, ACD Labs and Reaxys.
- You will be able to commute reliably to laboratory base. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required. Sufficiently flexible to be able travel on business if required.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.