TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST – MANCHESTER
LiCa Scientific are recruiting on behalf of a client based in Manchester who specialise in the design and manufacture of in-vitro diagnostic devices, with clients in various global markets. There is a need for an individual who can provide technical support to customers via email, phone and in-person visits. Monthly international travel will be expected, in particular to the South of France. On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.
Overall responsibility: Provide product support through troubleshooting and fault investigation for customers’ laboratory workflows.
Key areas of responsibility
· Provide product support via email, telephone and customer visits
· Ensure customer complaints and enquiries are dealt with in a timely and professional manner
· Provide customer training at the Manchester training facility and at the customer site
· Carry out performance qualification testing on the equipment used for laboratory workflows
· Provide fault investigation
· Be involved in Tech transfer activities from Development teams
· General lab maintenance and upkeep
· Working to regulatory and quality requirements
· Company management and staff (notably, within the Automation and Development Team)
· Other company functions (e.g. Quality, Business Development, Legal, Finance, HR, Admin)
· External consultants appointed by the company.
· External companies (e.g., suppliers, customers, commercial partners etc)
· Educated to BSc level, or equivalent, in an appropriate discipline.
· Previous experience as a technical support specialist or similar role is desirable.
· Proficiency in operating manual or automated lab equipment (including the use of pipettes or robotic liquid handling systems).
· Hands on experience of nucleic acid quantification instrumentation
· Enthusiasm, drive, thoroughness, diligence and a willingness to take personal responsibility to ensure that timelines are successful.
· Strong communication and organisational skills, a collaborative attitude, and the ability to work well under pressure.
· Excellent IT skills, including proficiency in Database understanding and networking.
· Willingness to work flexible working hours.
· Fluency in the French language would be greatly advantageous.
If this is a role you are interested in and are qualified for this job, please contact Alex Prew at LiCa Scientific ASAP: