12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Salary £23,000 to £28,000
Full time role (part time will be considered)
Our client is looking for an experienced GC-MS (Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry) Analytical Chemist to join their Bedford based laboratory.
The role provides a varied workload, working with a wide range of environmental contaminants, in some of the most challenging matrices.
What you’ll do:
You will join our clients Analyst Development Scheme where you will have a clear career development plan. They will support your development towards your next role and onwards within the company. Progression with them could see you take your first steps into a team leadership role or, further develop your skills as a technical specialist.
- Follow established procedures to perform trace organic analysis on a wide range of samples/matrices
- Operate GC-MS and GC-MS/MS systems, ensuring results are completed to agreed deadlines together with other laboratory equipment, as required
- Take responsibility for managing your own analytical workload which will include working with extraction staff within the laboratory to ensure samples are prepared for analysis according to customer requirements
- Perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting of GC-MS instrumentation and analytical equipment
- Prepare samples, solutions and reagents following standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
- Process and interprets analytical results for entry onto LIMS
We are seeking a candidate who is familiar with the entire analytical process - from sample extraction to data analysis and reporting of results. You will have a good understanding of the theory and practice of GC-MS. Your acquired skills and experience will enable you to successfully troubleshoot and improve existing methodologies.
- Experience working within an accredited analytical testing laboratory, ideally within the environmental sector
- A solid background in the use of GC-MS, ideally for the analysis of trace environmental contaminants.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at different levels within an organisation
A career here is far from ordinary. Here you’re not a number, you’re part of the solution. You’ll have a personal development plan and, a transparent career pathway that puts you in the driving seat of your career. You’ll be supported as far as you want to go.
We encourage and value different ideas, perspectives, and styles of thinking. We need a mix of experiences and skills to develop the most innovative ideas. We respect one another and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. You’ll be joining a diverse community and a company that puts its people first and prioritises their wellbeing.
All job offers are subject to a basic criminal history check and health check relevant to the role being applied for.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.