Either based in Liverpool or St Andrews (client has sites in both locations so this is optional for the successful candidate)
6 Month fixed-term contract
We currently have an exciting opportunity to work for a startup who are using AI, machine learning, and computation chemistry to develop new breakthrough materials. They are looking for an experiences Materials Chemist to join their team and help transfer their computational designs into reality. They currently have laboratory space in both Liverpool and St Andrews so being local to one of those areas would be ideal. Candidates so not necessarily require industrial experience to apply to this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Work independently within the laboratory to transfer computational designs into real-life materials.
- Use existing synthesis procedures to experimentally synthesize new porous materials.
- Characterize materials using techniques such as Powder X-Ray diffraction and other suitable analytical methods such as SEM and/or elemental analysis
- Gather all relevant data and report results in the form of a scientific report
Who You’ll Be:
- Have a PhD or equivalent in Materials Chemistry or related discipline
- Be experienced in carrying out the synthesis of porous materials using a variety of synthetic routes
- Be able to carry our analytical testing to confirm type, purity and crystallinity of the sample using methods such as Powder X-Ray diffraction and SEM
- Be able and willing to work independently and plan workload efficiently
- Experience working in industry would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience in computational chemistry would be advantageous but not essential.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.