Analytical Development Team Leader
Package includes 33 days holiday, Private Healthcare, Pension, Free Parking, Free Fruit, various team building clubs, pay bonus schemes and family friendly payments.
We are working with a global fine chemicals company who are seeking an Analytical Development Team Leader. The role will work closely with Quality Control, R&D, Production and Safety. The role will enable Synthesis Chemists to correctly and accurately plan and carry out projects.
You will be undertaking analytical projects which will be related to projects in Research and Development.
What you’ll do:
- You will be personally performing and helping the team members to perform quantitative and qualitative chemical analysis of chemicals associated with the companies operations.
- You will be leading the team in work assignments, receiving updates and making reports across the stakeholders in the business in the same fields as within this text.
- Proposals will cross your desk and it will be your responsibility to understand the overall scope of the projects and the delivery aspects required.
- You will then advise on these and shape out the activities to deliver.
- You will provide solutions required using method development to aid analysis within Quality ControlEnsure all in-process, raw material and finished product analysis is carried out
- Assist with Quality Control operations
- Ensure all project related tasks are carried out, plan project work, communicate timelinesPresent reports, to both customers and work colleagues.
- Meet customers, this may involve occasional travel
- Maintain accurate records of work carried out
- Work with software systems, Top Spin, Chromeleon, CSS and Openlabs Chemstation
- BSc to PhD qualified in Chemistry or related field
- Industry experience with high technical knowledge
- You will be keeping yourself up to date with current practices and relevant scientific progress pertinent to analytical chemistry
- Experience of core analytical techniques, HPLC, GC, NMR, IR-Spec, UV-Vis and MSExperience of software’s above is advantageous
- Strong communication and team work skills
- Former management experience is preferred, alternatively a career in the same field with a desire and readiness to progress to people management.
- Strong organisational skills
We are available for any questions ahead of applications, and all contact will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.