Research and Development (R&D) Engineer
Long Island, New York
$120,000 + package
Our client is a company which enables real-time chemical process verification by rapidly and continuously measuring time-critical chemical and physical parameters to react immediately to deviations in the production line. The industries they serve are semiconductor manufacturing equipment, thin-film technology, chemistry, petrochemistry, environmental technology, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, food, feed, and beverages as well as agriculture.
They are seeking a Research and Development Engineer.
You will assist with the design and testing of our new range of products. In this role, you will be working closely with the R&D team to create functional design concepts, test existing designs, and oversee the implementation of development projects. You may also be spearheading the redesign of existing products.
To ensure success, you should have exceptional mathematical skills, a talent for design, and experience with team management. Top R&D engineers use their technical design skills to create functional and attractive products that are cost-effective and user-friendly.
The Research and Development Engineer will report to the Head of R&D.
Your background / requirements:
- Master of Science degree in engineering physics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related field
- Experience building and testing opto-mechanical, electrical, photonic, or mechanical assemblies
- Hands on experience with CAD design tools such as Solidworks, AutoCAD etc.
- Ability to interpret engineering models, drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, specifications, written work instructions, and test procedures
- Familiar with optical alignment, integration and testing of prototype and proof of concept systems, involving various light sources/laser, optics, fiber optic light guides, electronics, software, and mechanical sub-assemblies
- Able to communicate with vendors and suppliers for the optical, electrical, and mechanical components required to build the prototype assemblies
- Familiar with drawing/drafting standards and tolerances for opto-mechanical designs
- Experience in designing enclosures/optical components for opto-electro-mechanical systems
- Must have high attention to detail, well organized with strong analytical and communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft tools i.e., Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio for concept, bill of materials and documentation
- Knowledge of Zemax optical design software is a plus
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Meeting with business management, marketing, and the R&D team to discuss product ideas
- Conducting market research and evaluating similar products and their functions
- Collaborating with the engineering and marketing department on product feasibility
- Creating design projects and specification sheets
- Presenting product designs to management and stakeholders
- Overseeing the engineering of product prototypes
- Testing prototype products for functionality, ease-of-use, and longevity
- Resolving product issues
- Overseeing the production process
- $120,000 base salary, biweekly
- Annual Bonus based on personal KPI’s and objectives
- Empire Blue Shield Blue Cross Health Insurance incl. dental and vision
- 401k 4% match
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.