Senior Research Chemist
County Durham, North East UK
About the role:
Our client a chemistry orientated service provider offering a partnership approach to quality driven chemical innovation. They have a solid reputation recognised for our R&D flexibility and innovative approach to complex and challenging projects.
The core expertise is in chemical research and development, process optimisation, route design, scale-up and GMP manufacture of small molecules for clinical study. They collaborate with multinationals, start-ups, and discovery groups across academia and industry in synthesising new materials for proof of concept studies. Operating predominantly in the life sciences sector, the interests include pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, synthetic biology, diagnostics and imaging, however, work also extends into other sectors e.g. polymers, semiconductors and fine chemicals.
To continue their significant growth in 2022, they are seeking talented and motivated individuals to join the dedicated Research and Development team, which has a focus on delivering successful projects for their customers.
What you’ll do:
Utilising your expert chemical knowledge, you’ll deliver on synthetic chemistry programmes by developing, optimising and scaling new processes, furnishing novel molecules that meet customers key quality attributes.
You will be responsible for overseeing projects from concept through to delivery, supporting the Head of R&D, and supervising the team of Research Chemists.
You’ll build relationships across our company, collaborators and customers through participation in project meetings, collaborative research events and technical report writing. You’ll be encouraged to attend key professional development events so that your skills are continually refreshed, adding value to all of the projects you work on.
- A motivation to deliver success on every project undertaken.
- The ability and enthusiasm to solve complex problems. A never give up attitude.
- A PhD with a focus on chemical synthesis.
- 4-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- An expansive understanding and practical experience across different synthetic methodologies.
- A sound knowledge of practical analytical techniques.
- Experience of supervising/managing a small team.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships and work well within a team.
- Eligible to work within the UK.
- Experience of taking projects from early development through to proof of concept (mg to kg development).
- Previous experience of working in a quality-controlled environment.
We anticipate anyone looking to apply for this role will likely be working in a similar industry. LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency so any candidates who would prefer to remain confidential but learn about this role, can be assured we are subject to audit at any time in respect of how we treat candidates’ information.
This means that we will not reveal anything about you to any client without your express permissions first and you can contact us in complete confidence for a discussion.
Many of our candidates for leadership roles begin as “Off Market Active” or “Off Market Inactive” and several do not have a CV updated when we first speak. This does not matter to us, we are keen to engage and go over details of roles with all. If you are curious about this role – call us and we will always have time to discuss it.