Quality Assurance Manager
Plainview, New York
$120,000 + Package (medical, vision, dental, 401k …)
We are working with an inline process spectrometry company who are seeking a colleague to join in leading two segments in their Quality Assurance activities, as well as their Returns management activities (RMA) in a hybrid role.
Our client is a manufacturer of inline process spectrometers, which utilise NIR, Raman, UV-Vis and LIBS methodologies.
The result of this is providing real-time data on chemical and physical parameters rather than waiting for lab analysis to turn around. This allows for time-critical monitoring and leads to waste minimisation and other benefits tied into improved yields (economic, ecological etc).
What you’ll do:
This role will be centred on two areas of activity:
· Analyze the data thoroughly to find the areas of growth
· Develop strategies to improve the production process
· Eyeing on the objectives to maximize the profitability of the organization
· Providing training to individuals who handle the product
· Make sure whether the product goes through auditing and testing
· Make sure whether all the legal standards are met and review thoroughly the existing policies and standards
· Review the organization’s process to ensure whether they align with the current policies
· Formulate timely reports and documentation to track progress
· Identify the training requirements to meet the quality standards, train the team
· Develop and monitor corrective measures
· Make documentation of internal audits and quality assurance activities
· Prepare and successfully run the yearly external ISO 9001:2015 audit process
· Plan, conduct, and monitor the test, and inspecting the products to ensure its quality
· Look at customer complaints
· Analyze the data to find the areas for improvement
· Manage relevant KPIs
Returns and Service:
· RMA handling- Complete returns and exchange process are handled and monitored by the Returns department
· Runs the initial troubleshooting and diagnostics for root cause
· Parts are returned to vendors as needed
· Generation of 4D/8D reports
· RMA/ Non-conformance gets regularly summarize in the QMS
· Electrical Engineering degree especially required
· Knowledge of handling & troubleshooting optics, electronics, and mechanical parts.
· Ability to read and follow test instructions of spectrometry products
· Ability to use hand tools for assembly and soldering irons
· Sufficient PC knowledge, hardware, and software (WORD, EXCEL), ERP system etc.
· Knowledge of analog design, e.g., SMPS (topologies Buck, Boost, Flyback, LLC/Resonant Converters), and EMI/EMC
· Experience with measuring conducted and radiated EMI; digital design, and knowledge on MCU, CPU
· Assembler and higher languages such as C/C++/C#, knowledge on what a register is; and how to build a counter
· Knowledge of what an FPGA is, what HPLs such as VHDL and Verilog are; the difference between active and passive components; basic OPAMP circuits (differentiator amplifier, integrator, subtractor, inverter, etc.)
· Understanding of high-pass and low-pass; Kirchhoff’s Voltage and Current Law
· Proficiency of ADCs; UART, I2C and SPI
· General knowledge of electronic components; how a transistor works, Flip-Flop Circuits etc.
· Experience with measurements using an o-scope and multimeter
· Having relevant experience in quality inspection, auditing, and testing is an added advantage
· Ample experience in implementing corrective/preventive measures
· Quality assurance knowledge of tools and methodologies
· Certification programs in Six Sigma, Quality Improvement associate, quality auditor, and quality engineer
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.