Process and Development Scientist
We are working with a client who is a leading Contract Development & Manufacturing (CDMO) partner in Europe and the United States. They enable pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to link their requirements for product success with their patients’ healthier lives.
They are looking for a Process Development Scientist Downstream to join their department Process Development & Scale-Up (PDS), a higly motivated and dynamic team facing all day-to-day challenges and fun as ONE team. You will provide your expertise as a purification expert in the group’s global R&D activities. Next to R&D, you will supervise and provide support to the chemical lab technician in purification.
What you'll do:
- Analyze internal as well as external requests for new or existing projects, formulates proposals for the purification / isolation of products regarding costs, duration and deadlines definitions.
- Carry out / oversee the execution of laboratory tests:
- Feasibility study, development and optimization of purification / isolation processes for peptides and peptide derivatives – scale from milligram to hundreds of grams – taking into account the criteria of desired yields and purities. The aim is to develop robust and cost-effective purification / isolation processes suitable for transfer to production.
- Purification of crude peptides and peptide derivatives for process development projects up to PPQ
- Trouble-shooting for current productions
- Perform the necessary analyzes for the purification and isolation of products by the appropriate methods ((U) HPLC, LC / MS mainly)
- Maintain the laboratory equipments: preparative HPLC, lyophilizers, analytical HPLC
- Review the work performed by the purification lab technician from a quality point of view and/or compliance with the required procedures
- Participate in the drafting of batch files for purification / isolation processes
- Incorporates cGMP aspects into work (documentary aspects / lab notebooks)
- Interpret, synthesize and report the obtained results in a concise and clear manner, in the form of a report or PPT presentation in English
- Writes the required protocols / operating modes, quality procedures or work instructions necessary for the laboratory and verify their implementation
- Master in chemistry or equivalent by experience
- Ideally minimum of 3 years of experience in purification by preparative HPLC
- Experience in purification / isolation techniques (ion exchange, nanofiltration, atomization, lyophilization)
- Knowledge of peptide chemistry is a plus
- Experience in cGMP environment and CDMO is an asset
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced multitasking environment
- Excellent organization and coordination skills
- Strong customer oriented-mindset
- Flexible, able to set priorities and solution oriented
- Team spirit and ability to work in an interdisciplinary and international environment
- Strong oral & written communication skills (English & French) and cross functional collaboration skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
What they offer:
The company offer a permanent contract, a competitive salary package and varied and motivating responsibilities.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.