We are working with a global drug development and manufacturing company who provide a range of services for complete drug development. They are looking for a Radiosynthetic Chemist to join their Isotope Labelling team based in Alwick.
What you’ll do:
• Plan, design and perform syntheses and purifications of various chemical and/or labelled chemical entities within agreed timeframes.
• Prepare cost estimates and client proposals in collaboration with BD.
• Liaise with clients to award the project to isotope labelling and act as a small-scale Project Manager where required.
• Manufacture isotopically labelled intermediates and APIs at the milligram to gram scale.
• Perform in-process analytical testing where appropriate and make sure analytical, microbiological and materials science testing needs are discussed with the Chemistry Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) team.
• Contribute to lab operations, equipment acquisition, maintenance contracts, stock control, disposal and housekeeping.
• Work flexibly across site to meet the business needs.
The successful candidate will have a degree or equivalent in Chemistry with sufficient industrial experience, or a PhD in Synthetic Organic Chemistry.
They will have a good understanding of analytical chemistry, impurity testing and in-process testing.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as am employment agency.