Senior Synthetic Chemist
We are working with a global drug development and manufacturing company who provide a range of services for complete drug development. They are looking for a Senior Synthetic Chemist to join their Drug Substance and Isotope Labelling team based in Alwick.
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Synthetic Chemist, you will have a variety of duties, including but not limited to:
• Acting as a Project Manager for major projects including managing deliverables, budget, and progress reports.
• Design synthetic routes, prepare cost estimates, and liaise with clients to facilitate the award of projects to the department.
• Plan and perform syntheses and purifications of chemical entities within given timeframes.
• Prepare, review, and approve process documentation, validation protocols and risk assessments.
• Ensure GMP compliance and documentation and act as a contact point for audits FM and contractors.
• Perform in-process analytical testing where appropriate and make sure analytical, microbiological and materials science testing needs are discussed with the Chemistry Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) team.
• Prepare data packages, provide reports to clients and archive documents after project completion.
• Assist in the selection, acquisition and maintenance of equipment and preparing CAPEX justifications for purchase.
• Work flexibly across site to meet the business needs.
The successful candidate will have an excellent record in Synthetic Organic Chemistry, either at doctoral level with considerable postdoctoral industrial experience or graduate with extensive industrial experience.
Full awareness of regulatory environments and a comprehensive understanding of process analytical chemistry is important for this role.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as am employment agency.