Quality Control Analyst
Our client is a company who develop and manufacture a range of vetinary medicines and other pet care products. They are currently recruiting for a QC analyst to join their small team based in Gainsborough.
What you’ll do:
You will be joining a small team of QC analysts where you will report to the QA manager, working to strict time scales and supporting business requirements.
• Sampling and testing of raw materials, intermediates and finished products using a range of analytical techniques such as HPLC, IR and UV.
• Writing and reviewing documentation such as standard operating procedures (SOPs), certificates of analysis (CoA) and analytical specifications as per pharmacopeias.
• Observing and complying with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Distribution Practice (GDP).
• Creating and executing method development and method validation test protocols for final products and generating appropriate analytical methods.
• Stability testing for new formulations and ongoing stability trials using physical and instrumental techniques such as pH, viscosity and HPLC.
• Checking and calibrating analytical equipment as and when required.
• Generally supporting the QC department and undertaking other duties as and when required. (Once appropriate training has been provided.)
• BSc in a scientific discipline (with a strong chemistry content) and or equivalent.
• Experience in using various analytical techniques such as IR, HPLC and UV.
• Experience working within a GMP environment advantageous but not essential.
• Excellent communication skills and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
• Self-motivated with strong analytical and problem solving ability
• Have the ability to work accurately in a busy and demanding environment whilst adhering to strict deadlines and timescales.
Our client offers a competitive and comprehensive employment package with generous holidays, early finish on Fridays and a generous pension plan.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.