Supply Chain Specialist
We are currently working with an exciting bioscience company who are a leading supplier of life science reagents. They are looking for a person well versed in Organic Chemistry to join their Supply Chain team at their site based in Bristol.
What you’ll do
As a supply chain specialist, you will be responsible for the day-to-day activities associated with sourcing products for the company, including small molecules, peptides, reagents and catalogue products. This will include:
• Evaluating sourcing options for new and existing products and recommending appropriate options to the Supply Chain Manager.
• Obtaining, reviewing, and negotiating quotes from suppliers
• Developing, maintaining, documenting, and enlarging a network of off the shelf & bespoke suppliers of catalogue-type products.
• Assisting with supplier qualification and monitoring performance.
• Evaluating analytical data and submitting internal QC requests – raising any queries with the suppliers.
• Maintaining product technical data and ISO 9001 documentation.
• Assisting with bulk and custom quotations.
The most important aspect of this role is organic chemistry knowledge. The ideal candidate will have a degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Chemical Biology, or closely related subject. You must have excellent communication skills and a high level of computer literacy.
Knowledge/experience in outsourcing; working in an ISO 9001 environment, synthetic organic chemistry and process mapping would be preferred.
You must also hold, or be able to obtain a valid passport, as the role will involve some infrequent domestic and international travel – between 2 and 8 times a year.
Our client offers a great benefits package including up to 9% employer contribution in their pension scheme, life assurance, dental and more.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.