Senior Bioinformatics Scientist
Salary up to £50,000 (DoE)
We are currently working with an excellent drug discovery company who are based at Queens University Belfast with several other sites around the UK.
They are currently looking for an experienced Bioinformatics to join their team.
What You’ll Do:
• You will be responsible for the efficient and timely delivery of key analyses for drug discovery projects.
• Be involved with novel molecular target identification using public and proprietary datasets and in silico target validation activities.
• Be involved in developing pre-clinical patient selection strategies using a range of Bioinformatics datasets and techniques.
• Act as a point of contact between the Bioinformatics and wider drug discovery group.
• Proactively assist and be responsible for interacting with Bioinformatics CROs and/or collaborators to deliver key project objectives.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of public domain datasets, analytical techniques, software and background biology relevant to discovery projects.
• Contribute to both internal and external publications and documents including peer reviewed papers, posters etc.
Who You’ll be:
• Have a Masters or equivalent in bioinformatics or related subject along with relevant experience (either in academia or in industry)
• Have experience using either R or Python packages
• Expertise in performing analysis of Microarray and Next generation sequencing datasets and interpretation of the results.
• Ability to use high performance computing infrastructure and Unix based operating systems.
• Previous experience in target identification and validation
• Be able to travel to other sites when required.
• Previous experience in Project Leadership desirable but not essential.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an Employment Agency.