Process Safety Engineer
We are currently working with a highly awarded resin manufacturer in Wigan, who develop and manufacture resin for a wide range of purposes to a large scale. They are looking for a Process Safety Engineer to work closely with the other on-site engineers to ensure the plant and its equipment runs smoothly and safely.
What you’ll do:
The role of Process Safety Engineer includes the following responsibilities:
• Work with process chemicals and control engineers to ensure maximum output and efficient running of the plant and production facility.
• Design plant equipment and configuration which can be adapted to suit the product range and process technologies involved, taking environmental and economic aspects into account.
• Instate scale-up and scale-down processes, including suitable changes to equipment design and configuration.
• Assess options for plant expansion and reconfiguration by developing and testing process simulation models.
• Design, install and commission new production machinery, including monitoring development and troubleshooting.
• Analyse processes and compile de-bottleneck studies to optimise production
• Ensure that potential safety issues related to the project operator, the environment, the process, and the product are considered at all stages.
• Coordinate preparation of major hazard risk assessments
• Provide functional safety expertise to the engineering department
The successful candidate will have a chemical or mechanical engineering degree and substantial experience within the chemical environment. You must have previous experience of working in a Process Safety role and have a good understanding of common process safety and loss prevention e.g. Hazard and Operability Analysis (HAZOP), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Root Cause Analysis (RCA), etc. Knowledge of appropriate Health and Safety (H&S) and environmental legislation is also crucial in this role.
The ideal candidate with have an analytical mindset, an effective problem solver and an active listener.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.