We are currently working with a contract research organization based in Loughborough who are experts in synthetic chemistry. They work with a wide range of clients across a variety of sectors from agrochemicals to biotechnology to pharmaceuticals. They are currently recruiting for a Group Leaders to join their expanding chemistry teams.
They are currently looking for two Group Leaders, one for their Process Research and Development team and another for their Medicinal and Synthetic Chemistry team.
What You’ll Do:
Process Research and Development:
• Design synthetic routes to be carried out in the laboratory, this will include the preparation, purification and analysis of a range of chemical compounds.
• To plan and design processes to be implemented at large scale (initially 10-20L), giving consideration to reaction efficiency, in-process monitoring and process safety.
Medicinal and Synthetic Chemistry:
• Be able to provide a technical input in both Organic and Medicinal Chemistry
• Have experience leading a project teams on the delivery of small therapeutic agents.
• Have experience working with the different disciplines involved in the drug discovery process including an understanding of disease biology, biological screening and DMPK.
• Be able to problem solve and provide solutions where needed.
• Ensure your research group keeps laboratory notebooks as directed by line management as well as ensuring data is also stored in line with company guidelines.
• To contribute to, and lead when required, discussions with clients and potential clients.
• Be happy to attend seminars and conferences, travel to or temporarily work at other company sites when needed.
Who You’ll Be:
• Have a PhD (or equivalent) in Organic or Medicinal Chemistry.
• Experience working within a pharmaceutical, biotech or fine chemical contract research organization with an emphasis on chemical development and process research.
• Significant experience undertaking research and development projects.
• Previous leadership experience.
• Experience in preparing and implementing COSHH assessments.
• Experience running and interpreting NMR, IR and Mass Spectrometry.
• Be able to work independently and accurately with minimum supervision.
• Be able to lead a team of scientists, ensuring progress is made in a timely fashion.
• Excellent time management and personal organization skills
• Excellent communication skills including written and verbal.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an Employment Agency.