We are working with a science-led global healthcare company who work on discovering and developing manufacturing innovative medicines, vaccines, and consumer healthcare products. They are seeking a Process Chemist at their Montrose site, which manufactures active ingredients for more than a dozen medicines, that 23 million people per day rely upon for quality of life.
What you’ll do:
This role will work in production and process improvement. The specific duties will be related to pharmaceutical manufacturing including day to day problem solving, development of corrective and preventative actions and seeking opportunities for process improvements.
• Technical custodianship of chemistry processes, product/process specific technical point of contact for process chemistry functions on site
• Supporting the site quality function to enable informed decision marking on non-routine matters related to process chemistry.
• Supporting environmental health and safety to enable good practice and legislative compliance.
• Supporting laboratory investigation and process improvement initiatives
We are seeking someone who can add organic chemistry and process chemistry skills to this team, ideally having worked in a similar environment before with related experience.
• Degree in Chemistry - 2:1 Class or above at BSc or proven relevant experience
• Good laboratory skills
• Sound understanding of organic chemistry with practical knowledge of process chemistry
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to operate as part of a team and collaborate effectively across all functions
• Problem solving capability
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite
• Dedication with a drive to see activities through to completion
• Attention to detail
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.