Quality Control Analyst (Method Development)
We are currently working with an exciting bioscience company who are a leading supplier of high-quality life science reagents. They are looking for a knowledgeable QC Analyst to join the method development team at their site in Bristol.
What you’ll do:
• Be competent with all required QC and analytical techniques through on the job training and external courses where appropriate.
• Carry out Quality Control tests and perform second person checking.
Analytical techniques: HPLC, LCMS GC, SFC, MS, NMR, FT-IR, UV/Vis, Fluorescence, Karl Fischer, Optical Rotation and Solubility.
• Develop methods for HPLC, SFC and GC and perform method validation where required.
• Investigate and troubleshoot problematic QC methods.
• Provide training and support to junior team members in complex techniques.
• Create and amend standard operating procedures (SOPs), test methods, specifications and other documents as required.
• Calibrate QC laboratory equipment, as required
• Work to maximise productivity and meet targets and deadlines with minimal personal errors.
• Maintain a high standard of laboratory work regarding both practical output and documentation, adhering to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards.
• Adhere to all documented procedures relating to the work carried out. Work in a safe and responsible manner, abiding by the COSHH regulations and maintaining a high level of tidiness.
The ideal candidate will have a BSc (or equivalent) in Chemistry and at least 5 years’ experience in Quality Control, including HPLC method development. They must be knowledgeable in analytical chemistry, where they will be able to interpret spectra and data. Excellent written and verbal communication, and problem-solving skills are essential.
Experience of GMP, method validation and GC headspace would be an advantage in this role.
Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes health and dental cover, life assurance, a great pension scheme, regular social events and much more.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency