Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Competitive salary + package
We are working with a global speciality chemicals company. The company provides chemicals, additives and formulations for markets from agrochemicals to polymers and waxes. They have manufacturing plants, research centres and additional facilities in 20 + countries. The company has a good set of core values and a great culture. They strive to care for their employees by supporting them and encouraging employees to make positive contributions.
The company are looking for an innovative and dynamic chemist. Their ideal person is a creative individual who can use their initiative, problem-solving and technical skills to tackle issues within the role.
What you will be doing:
• Undertaking scientific work, resulting in the development of new products as directed by Product Discovery Manager
• Carrying out experimental laboratory work as directed. Collating and communicating experimental and analytical results
• Delivering technical input to the overall programme as planned and directed
• Responsibility for providing monthly updates as requested by Product Discovery Manager
• Developing an awareness of product developments in project areas, as specified by Product Discovery Manager
• Building an awareness of available/developing research tools in specific project areas
• Key competencies to include problem solving capability, focus on deliverables and the ability to work as part of a team
• Qualified to PhD level in Chemistry, preferably with an element of polymers.
• Good practical technical skills
• Industrial experience
• Good communication skills
• Wider scientific interest
• Hybrid working
• 25 days holidays + bank holidays
• Competitive pension scheme
• Share’s save scheme
• Private health care (AXA)
• Performance bonuses
• Death in service (6x salary)
On this occasion LiCa Scientific will be acting as an employment agency.