Analytical Development Chemist
Competitive salary + package
We are working with a fine chemical company based in Manchester who are looking for two Analytical Development/Junior Analytical Development Chemists. This role will undertake analytical projects, working with Quality Control and Research and Development.
What you’ll do
This role will be working within the analytical development team. The role will support the pipeline of research to production scale chemistry and closely liaise with colleagues in synthesis chemistry as well as providing the quality control analytical data following full scale manufacture.
You will, for example, work with a synthetic organic chemist to confirm that a reaction has produced the required chemical and check for impurities after the reaction has completed, you will be involved with the development of the analytical methods ahead of scale up to production, and be involved in developing the final specifications before final product analysis.
Mainly this will be carried out using the laboratory techniques HPLC, GC and NMR.
- Additional duties include:
- Perform and support colleagues in QC, qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis
- Assist the QC Manager on general QC Operations, aid in running the laboratory
- Review proposals and ensure projects set out by the QC Manager and R&D Team Leaders are completed
- Provide solutions i.e. via method development to aid analysis
- Compile/Sign/Countersign Certificates of Analysis
- Plan project work and communicate timeline, maintain records, workload, project documentation and present reports
- Meet with customers and representatives, some travel will be required
We are keen to receive applications from individuals qualified to at least degree level in chemistry, who can demonstrate achievements working in a pharmaceutical or fine chemicals laboratory, with some method development experience.
You will be a good team player and able to support the team, sometimes working to deadlines, with efficient and accurate analysis. We are seeking good communication and time management skills. Ideally you will have worked for some time in industry or have relevant experience from degree course and be seeking a move with progression and opportunities to develop you further as a scientist.
Experience with HPLC, GC and NMR would be advantageous - particularly understanding and interpretation of data.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.