Principal Research Chemist
Based in Loughborough
We are currently working with a contract research organization based in Loughborough who are experts in synthetic chemistry. They work with a wide range of clients across a variety of sectors from agrochemicals to biotechnology to pharmaceuticals. They are currently recruiting for Research scientists to join their expanding team.
What You’ll Do:
• Carry out common chemical techniques independently and make choices
• Manage projects, plan and organize the work of others.
• Be a mentor to junior staff
• Keep a laboratory notebook and provide accurate feedback and coaching to junior members of staff to ensure high levels of compliance with recording data.
• Have routine contact with customers via email and teleconferencing, in some cases preparing and presenting presentations to customers where necessary.
• May be required to represent the company externally at conferences and external events.
Who You’ll Be:
• Educated to PhD level or equivalent with substantial industrial experience.
• Have experience managing chemistry projects.
• Have an intimate understanding of chemistry and synthetic strategy.
• Proficient in the use of advanced analytical and synthetic techniques and have the ability to research available techniques for specific project requirements.
• Be a model of good health and safety practices as well as being a champion for general good practice throughout the department.
• Be able to identify poor practice and provide coaching, where appropriate, to ensure the correct action is taken.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an Employment Agency.