Associate Research Scientist
Up to £28000 DOE
Based in Loughborough
We are currently working with a contract research organization based in Loughborough who are experts in synthetic chemistry. They work with a wide range of clients across a variety of sectors from agrochemicals to biotechnology to pharmaceuticals. They are currently recruiting for Research scientists to join their expanding team.
What You’ll Do:
• Synthesize compounds according to the strategy devised by the project managers.
• Follow appropriate experimental methods and purification techniques.
• Investigate unexpected results and develop workable solutions
• Collect data to support the analysis of routine experimental procedures, demonstrating ability to correctly interpret routine results.
• Follow health and safety procedures as per the companies policies.
• Keep laboratory notebooks as per the companies data policies.
Who You’ll Be:
• BSc or equivalent in Chemistry or related discipline.
• Experience in performing a variety of organic synthesis routes at laboratory scale.
• Experience of running analytical samples and interpreting results including NMR and Mass Spectrometry.
• Experience searching chemical literature
• Experience in preparing and implementing COSHH assessments is desirable but not essential.
• Experience of using chemical structure and reaction search tools desirable but not essential.
• Be able to work accurately under supervision.
• Have excellent problem solving skills.
• Have excellent communication skills including written and verbal communication.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an Employment Agency.