Terms and conditions
LiCa Scientific Recruitment is registered as a data controller in the United Kingdom for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. We ensure that the data you supply to us is processed fairly and lawfully, and with skill and care and used only for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Company will collect the personal details that you provide to us on our website for the purposes of providing you with services and/or information. In providing such services and/or information to you, the Company will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
This statement sets out below:
- How the Company collects your personally identifiable information through the website
- How the Company uses this information
- How you use the website
- Who the Company may share the information with and for what purpose(s)
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of your information
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information collected through the Company’s website
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information collected through the website
Information Collection and Use
The Company collects, processes and stores information (including, without limitation, sensitive personal data) from our users at several different points on our website. The Company is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. The Company will not sell or rent this information to other parties. Stored information could be shared with prospective employers and clients for the purpose of aiding the recruitment process once contact has been established between the Company and the user.
The personal data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- To provide our recruitment services to you and to manage the recruitment process
- To send your information to clients in order to apply for jobs or to assess your eligibility for jobs
- To assess data about you against vacancies which we judge may be suitable for you
- To enable you to submit your CV, apply online for jobs or to subscribe to alerts about jobs we think may be of interest to you
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so
- To market our recruitment services to you (permanent, temporary, contract recruitment)
- To enable us to develop and market other products and services and where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes
- To improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you (including tailoring our website and our group companies’ websites when you log on to enrich your personal online experience)
- To send you details of reports, promotions, offers, networking and client events and general information about the industry sectors which we think might be of interest to you where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes
- To answer your questions and enquiries
- To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that we, you or our client have requested including references, qualifications and criminal reference checking services, verification of the details you have provided from third party source, psychometric evaluation or skill test
- To third parties, regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings
- To use your information on an anonymised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
From time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose not listed above.
Amending / Removing data & unsubscribing from services
You may request us to confirm what information we hold about you at any time and may request us to modify, update or delete such information. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We also have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so. We will seek to act on your request in the timescale required by applicable data protection laws.
You may request to unsubscribe from job alerts and marketing material at any time.
We are required by law to hold your information for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your data is maintained and up to date. However, you are under a duty to inform us of any and all changes to your data to ensure that it is up to date and we will update or delete your data accordingly.
Information on this Site
The Company makes every effort to ensure that the information on this site is accurate and complete. However the Company does not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in any of the information on this site or any liability in respect of information on this site supplied by you, any other site user or any other person.
The Company gives no guarantee of the continued availability of any particular job advertised on this site and will not be liable to you should a vacancy be filled at any time prior to removal of the advertisement from this site.
The Company requests information from you on our online registration forms. Here you must provide contact information and information regarding the type of work you are seeking and your skills, qualifications and experience. This information is used to enable us to provide you with work-finding services. If the Company has trouble processing your application, this contact information is used to get in touch with you.
Your use of this site
You may only use this website for lawful purposes when seeking employment or help with your career or when recruiting staff. You must not under any circumstances seek to undermine the security of the website or any information submitted to or available through it. In particular, but without limitation, you must not seek to access, alter or delete any information to which you do not have authorised access, seek to overload the system via spamming or flooding, take any action or use any device, routine or software to crash, delay, damage or otherwise interfere with the operation of this website or attempt to decipher, disassemble or modify any of the software, coding or information comprised in the website.
You are solely responsible for any information submitted by you to this site. You are responsible for ensuring that all information supplied by you is true, accurate, up-to-date and not misleading or likely to mislead or deceive and that it is not discriminatory, obscene, offensive, defamatory or otherwise illegal, unlawful or in breach of any applicable legislation, regulations, guidelines or codes of practice or the copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property rights of any person in any jurisdiction. You are also responsible for ensuring that all information, data and files are free of viruses or other routines or engines that may damage or interfere with any system or data prior to being submitted to this site. The Company reserves the right to remove any information supplied by you from the website at our sole discretion, at any time and for any reason without being required to give any explanation.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your hard drive when you visit our websites (directly or via our applications). The Company uses information from cookies for purposes which may include:
- Identifying returning users, registrants and subscribers
- Eliminating the need for returning users to re-enter their login details
- Enabling you to move more easily around our sites and applications
- Tracking your use of our sites to better develop our sites and applications in accordance with your requirements
- Building up an anonymous profile based on your browsing patterns across our sites, applications and third party websites, which enables us to make advertisements and content available to you that is more relevant to your interests
The Company uses IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track users’ movements, and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
The Company may share aggregated demographic information with our clients. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
Sale of business
If the Company’s business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
This website contains links to other external websites. Please be aware that the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the Company’s website.
The Company does not accept any responsibility for or liability in respect of the content of those websites, the owners of which do not necessarily have any connection, commercial or otherwise, with us. Using automatic links to gain access to such sites is entirely at your own risk.
The Company takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to your information.
The Company uses all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason the Company cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
In order to register with this website and to sign in when you visit the website, you will need to use a user name and password. You are solely responsible for the security and proper use of your password, which should be kept confidential at all times and not disclosed to any other person. You must notify the Company immediately if you believe that your password is known to someone else or if it may be used in an unauthorised way. The Company accepts no liability for any unauthorised or improper use or disclosure of any password.
Notification of Changes
These website terms and conditions may be changed by the Company at any time. You will be deemed to accept the terms and conditions (as amended) when you next use this website following any amendment. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect. This policy was last updated June 2016.
The Company accepts no liability for any loss (whether direct or indirect, for loss of business, revenue or profits, wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data or for any other indirect or consequential loss whatsoever) arising from your use of the site and we hereby exclude any such liability, whether in contract, tort (including for negligence) or otherwise. The Company hereby excludes all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and your use of it to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You agree to indemnify the Company and keep us indemnified against all costs, expenses, claims, losses, liabilities or proceedings arising from use or misuse by you of this site. You must notify the Company immediately if anyone makes or threatens to make any claim against you relating to your use of this site.
Law & Jurisdiction
The use of this website and any agreements entered into through this website are to be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The courts of England are to have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or any agreement made through this website.
Complaints or queries
The Company tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. The Company takes any complaints we receive about this very seriously. The Company encourages people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. The Company would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.